- 严肃的 serious
- 庄重的,郑重的 done, said, etc. in a serious and committed way
- 庄严的,隆重的 performed with religious or other ceremony; formal
dignified and somber in manner or character and committed to keeping promises;
"a grave God-fearing man"
"a quiet sedate nature"
"as sober as a judge"
"a solemn promise"
"the judge was solemn as he pronounced sentence"
characterized by a firm and humorless belief in the validity of your opinions;
"both sides were deeply in earnest, even passionate"
"an entirely sincere and cruel tyrant"
"a film with a solemn social message"
- The ceremony proceeded in a solemn atmosphere.
- They watched the solemn ceremony.
- He looked at her with a solemn expression.
- Her solemn face told them that the news was bad.
- The inauguration was a solemn event.
- The solemn inauguration ceremony will be held here.
- At times solemn speeches sober down a dinner.
- I hate to see his solemn face.
- All these hostages took a solemn oath on the gospels.
- The Premier's burial was a solemn occasion.
- The new embassador was received with solemn ceremonies.
- He looked very solemn as he announced the news.
His holy Rites, and solemn Feasts profan'd.出自： Milton