Rhodesian statesman who declared independence of Zimbabwe from Great Britain (born in 1919)
United States sculptor (1906-1965)
United States singer noted for her rendition of patriotic songs (1909-1986)
United States suffragist who refused to pay taxes until she could vote (1792-1886)
United States blues singer (1894-1937)
religious leader who founded the Mormon Church in 1830 (1805-1844)
English explorer who helped found the colony at Jamestown, Virginia; was said to have been saved by Pocahontas (1580-1631)
Scottish economist who advocated private enterprise and free trade (1723-1790)
someone who works at something specified
someone who works metal (especially by hammering it when it is hot and malleable)
- Mr. Smith is our teacher.
- Professor Smith served as special adviser to the President.
- Mr. Smith sometimes condescends to help his wife with the housework.
- Mr. Smith left for London after breakfast.
- Adam Smith is a famous shoemaker in town.
- Mr. Smith works in an executive branch of the government.
- Smith signaled the auctioneer quietly and kicked the bid up another thousand.
- If you do not mind wait, Mr. Smith will be free in about twenty minutes' time.
A smith in leather apron hammered out red-hot horse-shoes.出自： Jo Grimond