the margin required in order to insure safety;
"in engineering the margin of safety is the strength of the material minus the anticipated stress"
- The margin of safety has grown thin.
- It is possible to reduce this margin without impairing the quality of production.
- The stability limit factor is an important index to evaluate the safety of key transmission lines in East China Electricity Market.
- Now that's a big safety margin.
- And its clinical dosage was within the safety range.
- All the working dimensions will be finally determined according to the minimum margin and calculated margin tolerances.
- Since casing strength performance can be influenced by many factors, it is hard to confirm casing strength margin and its value.