- n. 半独立国家的政府组织; 半官方机构
a quasi nongovernmental organization; an organization that is financed by the government yet acts independently of the government
- But transparency will make much more difference than yet another quango.
- However, the quango has been criticised for being too close to government.
- And history suggests that quango culls are more for talking about than carrying out anyway.
- The Low Pay Commission, the quango which sets the floor wage, contests this notion, but has been raising it at a more moderate pace in the past couple of years.
- And when the problem, whatever it is, is yesterday's news, the quango remains, for fear that abolishing it would reanimate the issue, or provoke claims of heartlessness.
- With few objective standards for charitable status spelled out, many schools suspect a stealthy Labour government of getting a quango to do its dirty work.
- quango 半独立国家的政府组织...
A quango covers just about everything from the Price Commission to the Police Complaints Board.出自：Economist
- quasi-NGO 半官方机构