- [C][U]南瓜 (plant with) a very large dark yellow roundish fruit that grows on the ground
a coarse vine widely cultivated for its large pulpy round orange fruit with firm orange skin and numerous seeds; subspecies of Cucurbita pepo include the summer squashes and a few autumn squashes
usually large pulpy deep-yellow round fruit of the squash family maturing in late summer or early autumn
- I would like to have pumpkin in the salad.
- When I visited America I loved eating pumpkin pie.
- We grow pumpkins on the farm.
- Pumpkin pie is a traditional American dish served on Thanksgiving.
- cucurbita pepo 西葫芦