- 大概,或许,可能 almost (but not quite) certainly; according to what is likely
- with considerable certainty; without much doubt;
"He is probably out of the country"
"in all likelihood we are headed for war"
- easy to believe on the basis of available evidence;
"he talked plausibly before the committee"
"he will probably win the election"
- I'll be probably free then.
- That hotel probably costs no less than 20 dollars a night.
- He can probably tell us all the details we want.
- This plan would probably have some efficacy.
- He will probably refuse the offer.
He'll probably find himself in pocket in a good year.
I shall probably oversleep as I am not used to getting up so early.
We will probably leave on Sunday.
He can probably tell us all the details we want.
Though he is by no means considered to be a great man, his name will probably remain glorious, for the greatest building was named after him.
This photograph won't probably enlarge well.
I'll probably telephone you this evening.
Last year we supplied the market with 1500 ducks; today the number will probably double.
Next year I shall probably be looking for a job.
There will probably be many people after the job but even so I'd still apply for it if I were you.
That book has been out of print for some years now, but there are probably a few copies knocking about in secondhand bookshops.
Probably we'll be in this bus.
Probably you expect to live many years.
Probably he will refuse the offer.
If you have already had the disease, probably you won't catch it again.
The company could pack up and be under way in probably less than an hour.
He works probably harder than his brother.
He went out probably by the back door.
He has been sick probably since he drank such dirty water.
“Can he hear us?”“Probably not.”
Thirty men only, as Nepos says; but, as Xenophon more probably says..near seventy.出自：Goldsmith
- probably主要修饰谓语动词,在句子里如果有一个助动词和一个主要动词, probably应紧跟在助动词之后; 如果有两个以上助动词, probably放在第一个助动词之后。句子里如果没有助动词, probably通常放在动词之前。如果主要动词是be, probably应紧跟在be之后。probably有时还可放在句首。
- probably, maybe, perhaps, possibly
这四个词都有“可能,或许”的意思。其区别是：1.probably指“多半”,其可能性超过一半; perhaps和maybe指“或许”,其可能性大致为一半; possibly仅指“也许”“有可能”,其可能性低于一半。例如:Probably he will succeed.他很可能会成功。Perhaps〔maybe〕 he will succeed.他也许会成功。He will possibly succeed.他有可能成功。2.maybe比perhaps更口语化,且要用于句首; perhaps可用于句末、句中、句首; probably多用于句中。3.maybe和possibly可用于礼貌的建议或请求,另三个词无此义。例如:Maybe you could move the chair.也许你可以挪动一下那张椅子。Could you possibly lend me 1000 yuan ?你能借给我1000元钱吗?
- probably:probably adv. 大概, 或许…