a person of great and varied learning
- Susan, pressed to define the word “polymath,“ was both sweet and solemn.
- Tim Gowers has an interesting post on the problem of scaling up the Polymath project to involve more contributors.
- Kennedy warrants praise for the breadth of these polymath ambitions,aided though he was by five research assistants.
- If the British won Polymath half the time, this would be “more than expected”.
- After discussion with the Polymath administrator, I have concluded that her method for picking winners is reasonably random.
- The informal estimate of the Polymath team is that the proportion of foreign winners is roughly in line with the proportion of foreign subscribers.