any of numerous synthetic resins; they are light and strong and weather resistant
a complex ester used for making fibers or resins or plastics or as a plasticizer
any of a large class of synthetic fabrics
- Polyesters are sometimes refereed to as oil-free alkyds.
- Meanwhile the biodegradability of synthetic polyesters is also discussed in relation to the molecular structure.
- Aliphatic polyesters are not used for fiber production, because of their low melting points.
- Polyesters were among the first fiber -forming polycondensates to be discovered.
- And in the field of surgery, the secret of absorbable sutures does indeed reside in the use of these same polyesters.
- The synthesis of poly (lactic acid) is mainly described and so is that of polyesters from renewable natural resources.