- [C]诗人 a person who writes poems
a writer of poems (the term is usually reserved for writers of good poetry)
- A great poet is a master melody.
- It is written by an obscure young poet.
- The poet expressed his burning passion for the woman he loved.
- He was awarded the poet laureate by the queen.
- The poet compares his lover to a rose in his poems.
- A poet is born, not made.
- The poet lived a happy life in his late life.
- She is “the minor poet” of our class, composing only ragged verses.
- Keats was a famous British poet.
- In our country, there have been many great poets of the people.
- You can count up the great poets still alive , on the fingers of one hand.
- There are many minor and obscure poets in the age of Elizabeth.
- He was eminent both as a leader and as a poet.
- Not every man can be a poet.
- Sometimes he is funny; sometimes he seems like a poet.
- He is a lyric poet.
- She is a poet among pianists.
- appreciate poet 爱慕诗人
- criticize poet 评论诗人
- decry poet 诋毁诗人
- laud poet 赞美诗人
- love poet 喜爱诗人,热爱诗人
- quote poet 引用诗人的作品
- recognize poet 承认诗人
- respect poet 尊敬诗人
- seek after new poets 寻求新诗人
- classical poet 古典诗人
- comic poet 喜剧诗人
- famous poet 著名的诗人
- good poet 优秀的诗人
- great poet 伟大的诗人
- living poet 活着的诗人,充满生气的诗人
- modern poet 现代诗人
- much-loved poet 深受爱戴的诗人
- original poet 有独创性的诗人
- realistic poet 现实主义诗人
- respected poet 受人尊敬的诗人
- romantic poet 浪漫主义诗人
- traditional poet 传统诗诗人
- tragic poet 悲剧诗人
- worshiped poet 受人崇拜的诗人
- award sth to poet 授予诗人…
He is a very good writer of verse; he is not exactly a poet.出自： H. Belloc
O nightingale! best poet of the grove.出自： fig.
- poet, bard, poetaster, poetess, versifier
- They are just a horde of versifiers who could hardly be considered poets.他们只是一些水平不高的改散文成诗者,根本谈不上诗人。
- The shaggy bards recited their poems in coffee shops.那些不整洁的诗人在咖啡馆里背诵了他们的诗。
- 4.poetess为“女诗人”,但现在一般用woman poet,一般来讲poetess即使不算侮辱,也不够尊重。例如:
- She is regarded as one of the two greatest English poetesses.她被认为是英国最伟大的两位女诗人之一。
- Poetasters win prizes and get fellowships, while good poets go begging.劣等的诗人得奖又受崇拜,而好的诗人却沿街乞讨。
- ☆ 14世纪初期进入英语，直接源自古法语的poete；最初源自拉丁语的poeta，意为诗人。