- Seen here on the pleural side of the diaphragmatic leaves are several tan-white pleural plaques.
- In patients with asbestos-related disease, parenchymal bands can reflect pulmonary fibrosis or areas of atelectasis occurring in association with pleural plaques or pleural thickening.
- Microscopically, the fibrous pleural plaque is composed of dense layers of collagen.
- Another gross lesion typical for pneumoconioses, and asbestosis in particular, is a fibrous pleural plaque.
- Pleural Disease is the forming of "plaques" on or thickening of the lining of the lung, or the lung pleura.