- n. 野餐；愉快的时间；猪脊肉
- vi. 野餐
- <口>愉快的经历，愉快的时间， 轻松愉快的事
- [C]郊游,野餐 an occasion when food is taken to be eaten somewhere outdoors
- vi. 去郊游; 去野餐 go on or have a picnic
a day devoted to an outdoor social gathering
any undertaking that is easy to do;
"marketing this product will be no picnic"
any informal meal eaten outside or on an excursion
eat alfresco, in the open air;
"We picnicked near the lake on this gorgeous Sunday"
- Let's go for a picnic by the riverside.
- We had a lot of fun at the picnic on the beach.
- It's no picnic having to look after 6 small children all day.
- Their family often picnics in the woods.
- You can picnic along the river bank.
- We were all disappointed to learn that the picnic had been cancelled.
- We enjoyed the picnic until a thunderstorm intervened.
- One spring day the school arranged a picnic.
- Mother put up a big picnic lunch, because she foresaw how hungry we would be.
- You should always clean up after a picnic.
- They decided against a picnic in the park.
- On a picnic, a newspaper answered for tablecloth.
- We started on a picnic, and first it rained; then, to add insult to injury, the car broke down.
- Heavy rain frustrated out our plans for a picnic.
- The weather is looking up, so we can go for a picnic this Sunday.
- In the children's minds summer is associated with picnics.
- The territory was too expensive for any one purchaser, so the two couples parcelled out a picnic lunch.
- We are picnicking tomorrow.
- They picnicked under the trees.
- We picnicked on the beach yesterday.
- be no picnic
有困难或麻烦 be difficult or troublesome
- go for a picnic 去野餐
- have a picnic 去野餐
- hold a picnic 举行野餐
- make a picnic 准备野餐食品
- miss a picnic 错过野餐
- organize a picnic 组织野餐
- pack a picnic 包装野餐食品
- plan a picnic 筹划野餐
- school picnic 学校举行的野餐〔远足〕
Dazzled by these tales, freedom became a never-ending picnic, a barbecue..a carnival.出自： M. Mitchell
Compared with introducing genetically engineered crops, it has been a picnic.出自：Scientific American
- “去野餐”常说go for a picnic或go on a picnic。
- picnic在非正式用语中还可作“轻松的工作”解,一般用于否定句中,常以固定短语be no picnic形式出现。
- picnic作动词指“去郊游; 去野餐”,只用作不及物动词。
误 Weather permitting, we'll go to a picnic tomorrow.
正 Weather permitting, we'll go on a picnic tomorrow.
正 Weather permitting, we'll go for a picnic tomorrow.
析 “去野餐”应该说go on a picnic或go for a picnic,但不能说go to a picnic。
- ☆ 直接源自法语的piquenique，意为挑选。