make a passage or journey from one place to another;
"The tourists moved through the town and bought up all the souvenirs;"
"Some travelers pass through the desert"
cause to move through;
"Pass a chemical through a solution"
pass through an enemy line; in a military conflict
- The journey through the jungle was perilous.
- They went around the town, not through it.
- We saw light through a small aperture in the wall.
- Numbly, he watched through one of the windows.
- The stream winds through the village.
- They went through the agonies of war and famine.
- The country has gone through too many wars.