- Gas-fluid levels may be seen in paralytic ileus.
- Misdiagnosis as paralytic ileus and delay in surgical treatment are common because patients have no history of trauma or previous surgery.
- Examination after a barium meal may assist in distinguishing between paralytic ileus and mechanical obstruction but should be avoided if colon obstruction cannot be excluded.
- Of the 20 patients, 6 cases were found with shock, 17 with paralytic ileus, 2 with peripancre- atic infection, 3 with acute respiratory distress syndrome and 1 with renal failure.
- Paralytic ileus following gifitinib use
- Nursing Care of Vinca Alkaloid-induced Paralytic Ileus