- adj. 势不可挡的；压倒的；无法抗拒的
- 势不可挡的,压倒一切的; 巨大的 too great to resist or overcome; very great
so strong as to be irresistible;
"an overpowering need for solitude"
"the temptation to despair may become overwhelming"
"an overwhelming majority"
"politics is his consuming passion"
- He bounced back by winning an overwhelming election victory.
- The scenic splendors of the Rocky Mountains are overwhelming.
- Our football team has won an overwhelming victory.
- The general effect of the painting is overwhelming.
- Grant was reelected by an overwhelming margin.
- You may find it somewhat overwhelming at first.
- Overwhelming rebellion occupied many big cities.
- The act was adopted by an overwhelming majority.
- The flood was overwhelming and the city was soon drowned.
- The demands of his admirers were not merely great, but were overwhelming.