英 ['ɒstrɪtʃ] 美 ['ɑːstrɪtʃ]
- n. 驼鸟；驼鸟般的人
- 鸵鸟（Struthio camelus产于非洲和近东）
a person who refuses to face reality or recognize the truth (a reference to the popular notion that the ostrich hides from danger by burying its head in the sand)
fast-running African flightless bird with two-toed feet; largest living bird
- Ostrich is a type of large bird that can run very fast.
- The short-distance runner wishes he could run as fast as the ostrich.
- Face the reality. Stop being an ostrich.
- He's such an ostrich he doesn't want to know about his wife's love affairs.
The facts..are too damning to leave much room for an ostrich policy.出自：Pall Mall Gazette