- adj. 即时的；未经准备的；唐突无礼的
- adv. 即时地；未经思索地；随便地
with little or no preparation or forethought;
"his ad-lib comments showed poor judgment"
"an extemporaneous piano recital"
"an extemporary lecture"
"an extempore skit"
"an impromptu speech"
"trying to sound offhanded and reassuring"
"an off-the-cuff toast"
"a few unrehearsed comments"
casually thoughtless or inconsiderate;
"an offhand manner"
"she treated most men with offhand contempt"
without previous thought or preparation;
"couldn't give the figures offhand"
"we decided offhand to go to Canada"
"she had made these remarks offhandedly"
in a casually inconsiderate manner;
"replied offhand, his mind a million miles away"
"she threw him over offhandedly without even a Dear-John letter"
- But this offhand explanation was not strictly true.
- There was something in his offhand remarks.
- I don't like his offhand manner.
- I can't give the answer offhand.
- I can't tell offhand how much it will cost.
- It is too great a thing for me to decide offhand.
It was done off-hand without consulting..the book.出自： R. Campbell
A big clip with a lot of sapphire scatter pins is smart worn just somewhere offhand.出自： E. Ferber
Off-hand I don't know anyone who's tried this.出自： T. Roethke