- [C][U]困扰，无法摆脱的思想(或情感) sth that occupies one's mind continually
an irrational motive for performing trivial or repetitive actions, even against your will;
"her compulsion to wash her hands repeatedly"
an unhealthy and compulsive preoccupation with something or someone
- Winning is no longer just a goal;it becomes an obsession.
- I was suffering from obsession that my career would be ended.
- Her obsession with mah-jongg began three months ago.
- "This isn't just a whim of mine, it's a magnificent obsession!
- Her commitment to a great cause degenerated from a crusade into an obsession.
- With him,gambling is an obsession.
- The media's obsession with the young prince continues.
These cases belong rather to obsession than possession.出自： E. B. Tylor