one skilled in caring for young children or the sick (usually under the supervision of a physician)
a woman who is the custodian of children
try to cure by special care of treatment, of an illness or injury
maintain (a theory, thoughts, or feelings)
serve as a nurse; care for sick or handicapped people
give suck to
- The children were playing doctors and nurses.
- Nurses have several years of training.
- The nurses rush back and once more bring her back upright.
- Even the social workers and nurses who monitor her say the child makes them uneasy.
- We need more parents to help interview prospective children's nurses.