- the cardinal number that is the sum of eight and one
- a team of professional baseball players who play and travel together;
"each club played six home games with teams in its own division"
- one of four playing cards in a deck with nine pips on the face
- denoting a quantity consisting of one more than eight and one less than ten
- I'll leave for Shanghai at nine.
- I have nine dolls in the bedroom.
- Nine people came in and the remainder stayed outside.
- I arrive at the hospital at eight o'clock, but I don't go on duty until nine.
- on cloud nine狂喜
- nine tenths十分之九(差不多全部...
- a nine days' wonder轰动一时即被遗忘的人...
- nine to five朝九晚五
- cloud nine[俚]极乐心境...
- A stitch in time saves nine.小洞不补大洞吃苦。...
- nine pins九柱滚球戏
- nine needles九针
- nine count数到九
- nine edge九边
- nine orifices九窍
- nine nines九个"9"
- ninety-nine times out of a hundred几乎每次
- nine day's wonder轰动一时 的人...
- nine times out of ten十有八九
- ninety-nine out of a hundred百分之九十九...
- the nightmare and her nine-fold梦魇及其九子女...
- a cat with nine lives富有生命力的人...
When I was crown'd, I was but nine months old.出自：3 Henry VI,Shakespeare
Nine countries..form the Amazon basin.出自：Christian Aid News
- nine:nine num. 九, 九个习惯用语be dressed up to the nines 穿着华丽的衣服, 打扮得漂亮, 过分装饰long nine [美]廉价的雪茄烟long nines [英]陶…