the cardinal number that is the sum of eight and one
a team of professional baseball players who play and travel together;
"each club played six home games with teams in its own division"
one of four playing cards in a deck with nine pips on the face
denoting a quantity consisting of one more than eight and one less than ten
- I'll leave for Shanghai at nine.
- I have nine dolls in the bedroom.
- Nine people came in and the remainder stayed outside.
- Are you sure you can come by at nine?
- I arrive at the hospital at eight o'clock, but I don't go on duty until nine.
- on cloud nine 狂喜
- nine tenths 十分之九(差不多全部...
- a nine days' wonder 轰动一时即被遗忘的人...
- nine to five 朝九晚五
- cloud nine [俚]极乐心境...
- A stitch in time saves nine. 小洞不补大洞吃苦。...
- nine pins 九柱滚球戏
- nine needles 九针
- nine count 数到九
- nine edge 九边
- nine orifices 九窍
- nine nines 九个"9"
- ninety-nine times out of a hundred 几乎每次
- cat-o'-nine-tails 九尾鞭
- nine day's wonder 轰动一时 的人...
- nine times out of ten 十有八九
- the nine 九个文艺女神...
- ninety-nine out of a hundred 百分之九十九...
- the nightmare and her nine-fold 梦魇及其九子女...
- a cat with nine lives 富有生命力的人...
When I was crown'd, I was but nine months old.出自：3 Henry VI , Shakespeare
Nine countries..form the Amazon basin.出自：Christian Aid News