- n. 绰号； 昵称
- v. 给 ... 取绰号
- [C]绰号,诨名; 昵称 familiar or humorous name given to a person instead of his real name
a familiar name for a person (often a shortened version of a person's given name);
"Joe's mother would not use his nickname and always called him Joseph"
"Henry's nickname was Slim"
a descriptive name for a place or thing;
"the nickname for the U.S. Constitution is `Old Ironsides'"
give a nickname to
- We often call him by his nickname.
- Everyone on the team was tagged with a nickname.
- Jess is just my nickname - my real name is Jessica.
- Your nickname lets a person worry for you.
- She called me by my nickname.
- Rob is a nickname of Robert.Rob
When he suddenly grew much taller..he earned the nickname of 'Ostrich'.出自： M. Scammell