- [A]出生地的,故乡的,本国的 belonging to or being the place of one's birth
- 当地(人)的 not brought in from another place
- 天生的,有天赋的 (of a quality) belonging to sb from birth; not learned
- [C]当地人,本地人 sb who lives in a place all the time or has lived there a long time
an indigenous person who was born in a particular place;
"the art of the natives of the northwest coast"
"the Canadian government scrapped plans to tax the grants to aboriginal college students"
a person born in a particular place or country;
"he is a native of Brazil"
indigenous plants and animals
characteristic of or existing by virtue of geographic origin;
"the native North American sugar maple"
"many native artists studied abroad"
belonging to one by birth;
"my native land"
"one's native language"
characteristic of or relating to people inhabiting a region from the beginning;
"the aboriginal peoples of Australia"
as found in nature in the elemental form;
- He's emigrated to the USA and gone completely native.
- My native language is Chinese.
- You can tell from his blue eyes that he isn't native to China.
- I have often been asked why I am not adopting a Native American.
- This house was built of native stones.
- The kangaroo is a native of Australia.
- He is a Beijing native.
- French is not my native language.
- This dictionary is specially intended for people whose native tongue is not English.
- It is a severe punishment to be exiled from one's native land.
- The traveller hungered for his native land.
- This is my native land and I'll defend it with my life!
- I arrived that evening at my native town.
- These native pots are slowly built into a fine collection.
- Oak, ash and thorn are native English trees.
- The elections were over and the first native Governor was inaugurated.
- Having lived in Shanghai for a decade or so, he still leans towards his native dishes.
- All native traffic is prohibited for three months.
- His native musical ability impressed his teacher.
- She was native to Shanghai.
- Banana is native to Taiwan.
- The panda is native to west China.
- The ability to swim is native to fish.
- His Chinese is so good that he could pass for a native.
- After living among the natives for twenty years, the painter forgot his own language and civilized ways of life.
- The natives look down their noses at foreigners.
- The election committee itself was formed with four women members who were natives .
- The natives send news over long distances by beating out a message on a hollow log.
- The natives used to hammer the metal into arrowheads using heavy stones.
- go native
(移民、游客)接受当地人的(而放弃自己的)风俗习惯 adopt the customs of the local people and abandon those of one's own
- native ability 天生的才能
- native land 本国,祖国
- native language 本族语言
- native produce company 土产公司
- native tongue 母语
- go native 入乡随俗
- mix with the natives 与土著人交往
- like the native 像当地人一样
Sagittarius natives seem constantly to turn up in your life.出自：Tucson (Arizona) Citizen
Every single star, shining by its own native light.出自： D. Brewster
Leave us to the native consequences of our folly.出自： D. Duncan
We find ourselves unable to exercise our native scepticism.出自： E. Rhode
- native, natural
- native侧重于出生或起源; natural侧重于出自自然而非出自加工。
- ☆ 14世纪晚期进入英语，直接源自古法语的natif；最初源自古典拉丁语的nativus，意为内在的，天生的。