a square hole made to receive a tenon and so to form a joint
cut a hole for a tenon in
join by a tenon and mortise
- A mortice gauge is a special type of marking gauge.
- Each frame to doors fitted with a mortice lock is to be slotted for bolt, correctly positioned and to have a mortice cap welded on at back of perforation.
- They made joints in stone, keepingthe lintels in place horizontally using atongue and groove joint, and subsequentlyfixing the upright and lintel with a ball andsocket joint or mortice and tenon.
- Double bolt pressing mortice door lock
- 1.like a square tenon for a round mortice;
- like a square tenon for a round mortice; at variance with each other