- 军事的,军用的; 军人的 of, for, or by soldiers, armies, or war
- [S]军人; 军队,武装力量 the soldiers or the army; the armed forces
- the military forces of a nation;
"their military is the largest in the region"
"the military machine is the same one we faced in 1991 but now it is weaker"
- of or relating to the study of the principles of warfare;
- characteristic of or associated with soldiers or the military;
- associated with or performed by members of the armed services as contrasted with civilians;
- They are making further efforts to decrease military spending.
- The military were called in to deal with the riot.
- The military has tightened its hold on the country.
It's a military academy.
My sister works in a military hospital.
The military training is hard.
The military might of the superpower is awesome.
The old soldier never lost his military demeanor.
His bearing was very military.
As the police could not keep order in the city, the military were called in to help.
The military has controlled the government.
- military academy 军事院校
- military adventure〔intervention, occupation〕 军事冒险〔干涉,占领〕
- military airplane 军用飞机
- military band 军乐队
- military base〔drill, engineering〕 军事基地〔训练,工程〕
- military bearing 军人的举止
- military career 戎马生涯
- military correspondent 随军记者
- military government 军政府
- military intelligence 军事情报(工作),军事情报部门
- military operation〔regime, science, secrets〕 军事行动〔统治,科学,机密〕
- military affairs〔camp, circle, discipline, law〕 军务〔营,界,纪,法〕
- military age 服兵役的年龄
- military expenditure〔expenses〕 军费
- military police 宪兵队
- military rank 军衔
- military review 阅兵式
- military service 兵役
- military uniform 军服
Cyrus developed an excellent military mind.出自：J. Steinbeck
Phillips was in uniform..but that was the only thing that was military about him.出自：C. S. Forester
Military organization is based upon a strict rank order and absolute obedience.出自：A. Storr
It was not a civil but a military matter.出自：W. Boyd
The Band of the Welsh Guards..usually plays stirring military marches.出自：Today
- military是集合名词,与the连用,强调整体时,谓语动词可用单数形式; 强调个体时,谓语动词可用复数形式。
- military, army, forces, troops
这组词的共同意思是“军队”“部队”。其区别是：army泛指“武装部队”时,语气比较正式、庄重,它常指“陆军”; military尤指“陆军”,包括全体战斗人员及工作人员,代表军方区别于政府及其他各部门; forces是集合名词,包括国家的各兵种的所有人员及武器装备; troops较通俗,指部队的全体成员,尤指“陆军部队”,有时专指包括各个较低级军衔在内的队伍,以区别于上级指挥官。例如：They are determined to build up a modern army and navy.他们决心创建一支现代化的陆军和海军。The military took control of the government in that country.在那个国家,军方控制了政府。The commander concentrated a powerful force on the left flank.司令员把强大兵力集中在左翼。The navy is one of the armed forces.海军是武装部队之一。They massed well-equipped troops on the frontier.他们在边境上集结了装备精良的军队。The troops were drawn up ready for inspection.部队整好队准备接受检阅。
- ☆ 15世纪中期英进入语，直接源自中古法语的militaire；最初源自古典拉丁语的militaris，意为关于战士或战争。
- military:military adj. 军事的, 军用的…