名词 merry andrew:
a person who amuses others by ridiculous behavior
- He found the master of the puppet-show belabouring the back and ribs of his poor Merry Andrew.
- no Merry Andrew, to stir up the multitude with jests, perhaps hundreds of years old, but still effective, by their appeals to the very broadest sources of mirthful sympathy.
- He ended his speech with a merry quip.
- Merry songsters are singing carols.
- Frank beat andrew with close score.
- Andrew was a famous animator many years ago.