- [C]购物中心,商场 a large shopping center, often enclosed, where cars are not permitted
a public area set aside as a pedestrian walk
mercantile establishment consisting of a carefully landscaped complex of shops representing leading merchandisers; usually includes restaurants and a convenient parking area; a modern version of the traditional marketplace;
"a good plaza should have a movie house"
"they spent their weekends at the local malls"
- The local kids hang out at the mall.
- The mall is only one mile away from here.
- There is a shopping mall nearby.
- They reached the grassy mall which fronted on the State Building.
- There is a large mall on the street.
- They are building two malls.