- [U][C]午餐 a usually light meal eaten in the middle of the day
- vi. & vt. 吃午餐;供给午餐 eat lunch;provide with or take out to lunch
a midday meal
take the midday meal;
"At what time are you lunching?"
provide a midday meal for;
"She lunched us well"
- We had a wonderful lunch.
- Let's get together for lunch.
- I can lunch off the bread left over from yesterday.
- We shall be delighted if you'll lunch with us.
- They shall be able to give us a better lunch.
- For lunch there will be a Smorgasbord.
- He put the lunch on immediately after he came home.
- After the contest we were all so hungry that we polished off the lunch in only a few minutes.
- She manages to scare up a lunch for the unexpected guests.
- The territory was too expensive for any one purchaser, so the two couples parcelled out a picnic lunch.
- Mother put up a big picnic lunch because she foresaw how hungry we would be.
- It is estimated that 25 million school lunches are sold each day.
- She is getting lunch.
- She accidentally splashed oil over her apron while cooking lunch.
- She got seasick and heaved her lunch.
- He stood lunch for the three of us.
- They pressed us to stay for lunch.
- We had to find somewhere to stop for lunch.
- I just ring up to tell you I won't be back for lunch.
- I shut my office up and went for lunch.
- When do you usually knock off for lunch?
- They interrupted the meeting for lunch.
- We'll have noodles instead of rice for lunch today.
- What do you usually eat for lunch?
- Sometimes they went out for lunch.
- This plant allows half an hour for lunch.
- She packed her husband some bread and cheese for his lunch.
- He smoked a cigar after lunch.
- After lunch I shall bend my steps homeward.
- He asked us to hurry with our lunch.
- I suggested to her that she have lunch now.
- Do you care to have lunch in town?
- She declined to have lunch with her friend, saying that she wasn't feeling well.
- I don't care what we'll take for lunch if I don't have to cook it.
- The children take their lunches to school every day.
- His mother gave him a lunch to carry to school.
- Is the Prime Minister giving a lunch?
- The ambassador entertained us at lunch.
- We set off at dawn so that we could get to the coast before lunch time.
- Go to it,Robert—if you work hard, you'll have it finished by lunch time!
- Everything on the lunch table was finished up soon by the hungry children.
- I cannot always lunch you.
- If I visit him tomorrow, he will lunch me.
- Sometimes, the rich should lunch the poor because they are poor very much.
- He is lunching me well at the Friday Hotel.
- lunch in( v.+adv. )
在家吃午饭 have lunch at home
I shall have to lunch in today, while I finish this work.
- lunch off( v.+adv. )
吃掉 eat sth out
lunch sth ⇔ off
I can lunch off the meat left over from yesterday.
- lunch out( v.+adv. )
在外面吃午饭 have a lunch outside
I don't often lunch out.
There's something wrong with our gas ring. We have to lunch out today.
I am lunching out, and shall be back at 2 o'clock.
- lunch with( v.+prep. )
和…一起吃午饭 have a lunch with sb
lunch with sb
We're lunching with John today.
Why don't you two lunch with me tomorrow?
We are to lunch with her tomorrow.
- attend a lunch 出席午餐
- bring a lunch to school 带饭上学
- carry one's lunch 带着午餐
- come for lunch 来吃午饭
- cook a lunch 做午餐
- eat lunch 吃午饭
- finish lunch 吃完午餐
- fix lunch 准备午饭
- give a lunch for sb 设午餐招待某人
- go to lunch 去吃午饭
- have lunch 进午餐
- make a lunch 做午餐
- miss one's lunch 没赶上吃午餐
- order a lunch 订饭
- prepare lunch 准备午饭
- provide lunch 提供午餐
- serve lunch 供应午饭
- shoot one's lunch 呕吐
- take lunch 带午饭
- big lunch 丰盛的午餐
- cold lunch 冷的午餐
- comfortable lunch 美餐
- excellent lunch 盛宴
- fine lunch 精美的午餐
- free lunch 免费午餐
- full lunch 丰盛的午餐
- good lunch 丰盛的午餐
- hot lunch 热午餐
- late lunch 很晚才吃的午餐
- light lunch 清淡的午餐
- nice lunch 美好的午餐
- plain lunch 便饭
- poor lunch 不丰盛的午餐
- regular lunch 一般午餐
- suitable lunch 适宜的午餐
- well-cooked lunch 烹饪考究的午餐
- wholesome lunch 有益于健康的午餐
- basket lunch 野外吃的便餐
- box lunch 盒装午餐
- business lunch 工作午餐
- Christmas lunch 圣诞午餐
- picnic lunch 野餐
- plate lunch 盘子内盛有各色菜肴的客饭
- working lunch 工作午餐
- lunch well 提供丰盛的午餐
- lunch abundantly 提供丰盛的午餐
- lunch briefly 提供简洁的午餐
- lunch conveniently 提供方便的午餐
- lunch formally 提供正式的午餐
- lunch frugally 供应简单的午餐
- lunch incompetently 提供不适当的午餐
- lunch laudably 提供值得赞许的午餐
- lunch officially 提供正式的午餐
- lunch particularly 提供特别的午餐
- lunch substantially 提供丰盛的午餐
- lunch swiftly 迅速提供午餐
- lunch unaccountably 莫名其妙地提供午餐
- lunch unexpectedly 意外提供午餐
- lunch unreasonably 不合理地提供午餐
- lunch uselessly 没必要地提供午餐
- lunch in 在家吃午饭
- lunch off 吃掉
- lunch out 在外面吃午饭
- take (one's) lunch或give sb a lunch和表示方位的介词to连用时不表示“进午餐”,而作“带午餐到某地去吃”解。
- lunch可用作及物动词,此时多作“提供午餐”解,以人作宾语;也可用作不及物动词,此时多与in, out, off等副词搭配。
- lunch, breakfast, dinner, meal, supper, tea
- dinner指正餐,多在晚上吃,也可指宴会; breakfast指早餐; lunch指午餐; meal指任何一餐; supper指晚餐; tea在英国,指下午茶。例如:
- He asked me to dinner tonight.他邀请我今天晚上吃饭。
- The dinner we had was excellent.我们吃的晚餐很丰盛。
- I hope you will honour us with your presence at the dinner.我希望您能光临此次晚宴。
- I have breakfast at seven.我在7点吃早餐。
- We have lunch at noon.我们在中午吃午饭。
- He had a light meal at home.他在家吃了顿便餐。
- I have supper at six.我6点吃晚饭。
- They are having tea in the garden.他们正在园子里喝下午茶。
误 I asked her out to the lunch.
正 I asked her out to lunch.午饭后,请帮助我擦擦碗碟。
误 Help me dry up after the lunch.
正 Help me dry up after lunch.车队经常在这里停下来吃午饭。
误 Truck convoys often stop over for the lunch here.
正 Truck convoys often stop over for lunch here.