guiding star; a star that is used as a reference point in navigation or astronomy
something that serves as a model or guide
- At the same time, it’s our lodestar.
- Beyond OEM Trap: OBM Strategy As A Lodestar Or An Illusion?
- Lodestar is getting ready to push our new generation gaming consoles.
- A mistress lives perhaps too much in the present, but this immediacy is a lodestar.
- Once a lodestar to hopeful immigrants,it is still regarded as a symbol of American democracy.
- But whatever its short-term usefulness for clamping down on inflation, monetarism proved an unreliable lodestar for steering the economy.
One who murmurs that his wife Is the lodestar of his life.出自： D. Parker