a focus of public attention;
"he enjoyed being in the limelight"
"when Congress investigates it brings the full glare of publicity to the agency"
a lamp consisting of a flame directed at a cylinder of lime with a lens to concentrate the light; formerly used for stage lighting
- She claims she never sought the limelight.
- When I was President, I was always in the limelight there was no privacy.
- That politician has been in the limelight recently because of his strong opinions.
- He is likely to be thrusted into the national political limelight.
- She is limelighted anywhere she goes.
We earned..a nice little sum out of Tutankhamen when he was in the limelight.出自： E. Lewis
A puppy will steal the limelight from even a well-loved dog.出自： P. Ustinov