- [P]有法律责任的,有义务的 responsible by law
- [P]易患…的,易受…之害的 often suffering (from)
- [P]有做某事的倾向 likely to do sth
at risk of or subject to experiencing something usually unpleasant;
"he is apt to lose"
"she is liable to forget"
subject to legal action;
"liable to criminal charges"
(often followed by `to') likely to be affected with;
"liable to diabetes"
held legally responsible;
"men between the ages of 18 and 35 were liable for military service"
- He declared that he was not liable for his wife's debts.
- Parents are liable forchildren's education.
- They are liable to run off with your money.
- We are liable to make mistakes.
- A feeble attempt is liable to fail.
- Failure to pay your taxes will make you liable to prosecution.
- If you have an accident,I'll be liable.
- He is liable for his father's debts.
- This area is liable to flooding.
- People who walk on the grass are liable to a fine of 5 dollars.
- Children are liable to catch cold.
- We are all liable to make mistakes when we're tired.
- be criminally〔legally〕 liable 负有刑事〔法律〕责任
If I spend more than six months in this country I'm liable to pay income tax.出自： F. Donaldson
All drug companies will become strictly liable for injuries caused by their products.出自：Woman Home
Goods brought in from a non-EC country are liable to import duty.出自：Which?