- n. 题字；碑铭；铭文
- [C](作者)题词，献词 piece of handwriting at the beginning of a book saying who gave the book to whom and giving the date,year,etc.
letters inscribed (especially words engraved or carved) on something
a short message (as in a book or musical work or on a photograph) dedicating it to someone or something
the activity of inscribing (especially carving or engraving) letters or words
- He carved an inscription on a bench.
- There was an inscription in Chinese characters over the arch.
- The inscription seems to have been worn away.
- Face B bears what Coedes and Krom describe as an unfinished inscription celebrating a victorious king.
- He puzzled out the meaning of the inscription.
- Each cross has its own inscription.
- The stone wall bears an inscription.
- Centuries of wind and rain had worn away the inscriptions on the gravestones.
An inscription on a brass plaque that read: To Charles Edward Burrows.出自： W. Trevor
Monty composed a memorial inscription.出自： M. Cox