- n. (词)首字母
- adj. 开始的；最初的；字首的
- vt. 签姓名的首字母于
- [A]最初的,开头的 which is the beginning
the first letter of a word (especially a person's name);
"he refused to put the initials FRS after his name"
occurring at the beginning;
"took the initial step toward reconciliation"
mark with one's initials
- This is a letter paper personalized with his initials.
- After the initial cheers,the noise of the crowd began to die away as the group started playing.
- We are through the initial testing period.
- The word “hour” is pronounced without an initial aspirate.
- She initialed a handkerchief and gave it to that young man.
- The initial talks formed the basis of the later agreement.
- After she'd overcome her initial shyness, she became very friendly.
A big blue handkerchief with his initials embroidered in the corner.出自： A. Uttley
The earliest books left spaces for initials..which were completed by illuminators.出自： J. Hutchinson
The commands are based on initials such as CV for 'centre vertically'.出自：New Scientist
From this initial mistake of hers all the subsequent trouble, sorrow and tragedy have come.出自： J. Galsworthy
The trade protocol..was valid for an initial period of five years.出自：Gentleman (Bombay)
After a while the initial euphoria of having a place of his own wore off.出自： C. Peters
The signing of a Panama Canal treaty that was initialed last month.出自：Time