hereditary succession to a title or an office or property
that which is inherited; a title or property or estate that passes by law to the heir on the death of the owner
(genetics) attributes acquired via biological heredity from the parents
any attribute or immaterial possession that is inherited from ancestors;
"my only inheritance was my mother's blessing"
"the world's heritage of knowledge"
- He entered on his inheritance when he was 21.
- Her blue eyes were a paternal inheritance.
- On the maternal side his inheritance was a happy one.
- The inheritance kept them afloat for years.
- He renounced his claim to the inheritance.
- A dispute over an inheritance forty or fifty years ago led to a family feud which exists to this day.
- Don Fabrizio, Prince of Salina, sees his new rich neighbours snapping up parcels of land from destitute nobles, and knows that his own inheritance is going to ruin.
- inheritance tax <美>遗产税
- particulate inheritance 颗粒遗传
- delayed inheritance 迟延遗传
- maternal inheritance 母体遗传
- blending inheritance 融合遗传
- holandric inheritance 男性遗传,限雄遗传...
- alternative inheritance 交互遗传,交替遗传...
- double inheritance 双重遗传性
- plastid inheritance 质体遗传
- cytoplasmic inheritance 细胞质遗传
- extranuclear inheritance 核外遗传
- homotropic inheritance 获得性遗传
- dissected inheritance 离异遗传, 离移遗传...
- paternal inheritance 父性遗传
- allosomal inheritance 性染色体遗传...
- linear inheritance 单线遗传
- dominant inheritance 显性遗传
- hologynic inheritance 限雌遗传,全雌遗传...
- quantitative inheritance 数量遗传
- extrachromosomal inheritance 染色体外遗传,非染色...
The eldest son is the chief heir; women have no right of inheritance.出自： C. G. Seligman