- n. 进口；意义；进口商品
- v. 进口；输入
- vt. 输入 input
- vt. 进口 bring in (sth) especially from abroad
- vt. 意味 … mean
- [U]进口,输入 action of importing goods
- [P]进口商品; 输入额 imported goods, services, etc.
- [S]意义,含意 the meaning
commodities (goods or services) bought from a foreign country
an imported person brought from a foreign country;
"the lead role was played by an import from Sweden"
"they are descendants of indentured importees"
the message that is intended or expressed or signified;
"what is the meaning of this sentence"
"the significance of a red traffic light"
"the signification of Chinese characters"
"the import of his announcement was ambiguous"
a meaning that is not expressly stated but can be inferred;
"the significance of his remark became clear only later"
"the expectation was spread both by word and by implication"
having important effects or influence;
"decisions of great consequence are made by the president himself"
"virtue is of more moment than security"
"that result is of no consequence"
bring in from abroad
transfer (electronic data) into a database or document
indicate or signify;
"I'm afraid this spells trouble!"
- The government has imposed strict controls over the import of luxury goods.
- You should grasp the import of your mother's remarks.
- The miscellaneous expenses of import are so much!
- It is profitable to import food.
- Please select file to import and click OK.
- The country is importing a broad range of skilled personnel.
- New ideas import little to those not intellectually fitted to received them.
- Tell me what your remark imports.
- I should like to know what his action imports.
- Such articles cannot be imported.
- None of the machines on display here are imported.
- The import of cotton goods went up sharply.
- We don't like eating food imports.
- What's the import of the speech?
- import from (v.+prep.)
从…进口buy and bring goods from (another country)
import sth from sth
China imports sugar from Cuba.
Many countries import wool from Australia.
That factory imported some machines from Germany last year.
- import into (v.+prep.)
进口到… buy and bring goods into(one's own country)
import sth into sth
A special duty is placed on goods imported into Britain from any country outside the common market.
- import from 从…进口
- import goods from abroad 从外国进口物资
- import into 把…输入…,进口…到…
- import food stuffs into the country 把食品输进该国
She grasps the import of whole sentences, catching..the meaning of words she doesn't know.出自： H. Keller
His visit had not been without import to him.出自： V. Sackville
A word that, because of its ancient religious associations, suggests something of deepest import.出自： B. Bettelheim
Having thus seen, what is imported in a Man's trusting his Heart.出自： R. South
- import, bring in
- 这两者均可表示“引进”，但bring in指从国内另一地区引入专家、技术、品种等，而import指从另一国家(或地区)“进口”，尤指进口货物。
- ☆ 15世纪初期进入英语，直接源自古典拉丁语的importare，意为引入，引进，传送；最初源自该语的in （进入） + portare （传输），意为输入。