- A low mound of earth; a hummock.
- Surfaces may be fairly smooth or irregular, hummocky or ridged.
- He was still standing on the hummock piping the fife in the long dusk.
- They were investigating one of the hummocky bits the Rat had spoken of, when suddenly the Mole tripped up and fell forward on his face with a squeal.
- The burying-ground is merely a huge waste of hummocky earth, like a derelict building-lot.
- The burying-ground is merely a huge waste of hummocky (hilly) earth, like a derelict (deserted) building-lot.
- hummocky surface 丘形地面
The garden, twenty yards of unmown grass, hummocky as a field.出自： P. D. James