- 希尔（1.Archibald Vivian，1886-，英国生理学家，曾获1922年诺贝尔医学奖，2.Sir Rowland，1795— ）
- [C]小山,山冈 natural elevation on the earth's surface, not as high or tugged as a mountain
- [C]斜坡 slope in a road, etc.
- a local and well-defined elevation of the land;
"they loved to roam the hills of West Virginia"
- structure consisting of an artificial heap or bank usually of earth or stones;
"they built small mounds to hide behind"
- United States railroad tycoon (1838-1916)
- risque English comedian (1925-1992)
- (baseball) the slight elevation on which the pitcher stands
- form into a hill
- Trees crowned the hill.
- We found the animal on a scrub hill.
- The hill was buried under 11 inches of snow.
- We walked down the hill before sunset.
- Would you please hill the leaves in the backyard?
- She used to hill the plants in her garden once a month.
The village lies on a hill.
The castle stands on a hill.
Some boys and girls are going up the hill.
Sheep were grazing on the side of the hill.
We went for the hills last Sunday.
It took me almost three hours to climb the steep hill.
There are a lot of hills on the South of Yangtse River in China.
The U.S. Congress lies on Capitol Hill.
The Western Hills are famous for their red autumnal leaves.
On my way to Jim's home I saw a little boy pushing a bicycle up a steep hill.
- go over the hill
开小差,偷偷离开 be absent-minded, left unsoundly
A few of our guys were thinking about going over the hill, but we talked them out of it. 我们的人中有几个想开小差,但是我们劝说他们打消这个念头。
Rumour has it that her husband has gone over the hill. 谣传她丈夫偷偷离开了。
- 开小差,偷偷离开 be absent-minded, left unsoundly
- over the hill
正在衰落 no longer young
He is over the hill as a professional athlete. 作为一名职业运动员,他的巅峰时期已过。
渡过危机 go through crisis
She was very ill for two weeks but she is over the hill now. 有两个星期她病得很厉害,但现在危险期已过。
The new tax program is now over the hill. 新的税法已经渡过了危机。
- 正在衰落 no longer young
- run over the hill
要求某人离职,使某人开小差 ask sb leave, make sb be absent-minded run sb over the hill
Captain Hardnose certainly ran that rat over the hill.哈得诺思上尉当然要求那个告密者离职了。
- 要求某人离职,使某人开小差 ask sb leave, make sb be absent-minded run sb over the hill
- take to the hills
逃跑躲藏起来 run away and hide
During the fighting many of the soldiers took to the hills and were not seen until the war was over. 战斗中,许多士兵逃跑躲藏起来,直到战争结束才露面。
- 逃跑躲藏起来 run away and hide
- up hill and down dale
I've searched up hill and down dale. 我已到处找过了。
We've been chasing up hill and down dale trying to find you. 我们在到处找你呢。
- 到处,处处 everywhere
- ascend a hill 攀登小山
- catch sight of a hill 看见山
- climb up a hill 爬上山
- crest a hill 登上山顶
- go down a hill 下山
- go over the hill 翻过这座山
- go up a hill 上山
- occupy a hill 占领一座山
- take to the hills 〈口〉逃跑后躲起来
- artificial hill 假山
- densely-wooded hill 林木茂盛的小山
- distant hill 远处的山丘
- gentle hill 不很陡的小山,平缓的山
- green hill 绿色的小山
- rolling hills 绵延起伏的山峦
- rounded hill 圆山冈
- rugged hill 崎岖的丘陵
- snow-covered hill 被雪覆盖的山丘
- a hill of corn 一堆玉米
About me round I saw Hill, Dale, and shadie Woods.出自：Milton
From that hill, they could see both coasts of Cornwall.出自：L. Gordon
O'er Hills of Guilt and Seas of Grief, He leaps.出自：fig.
- hill是可数名词,意思是“小山”,用作专有名词时如表示一座山峰,不加冠词; 如表示群山,须加定冠词。
- hill, mountain, mount
这组词都含有“山”的意思。其区别是：1.mountain是普通用词,通常指较陡峭的高山; hill指较低矮的小山或丘陵。例如:The mountains were hidden in mist.群山笼罩在雾中。The house stands on a hill.这幢房子坐落在小山上。2.用于专有名词时,Hill和Mountain都位于山名之后,而Mount位于山名之前。例如:His death was weightier than Mount Tai.他的死重于泰山。The Rocky Mountains lie in the west part of America.落基山脉位于美国西部。3.mount常用于诗歌中,也用于山名前,缩写成Mt.,意为山峰。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的ylhl，意为小山。
- hill:hill n. 小山, 丘陵, 斜坡, 山岗 英英解释:名词hill:1. a local and well-defined elevation of the land2. structure con…