- The port was blocked in by heavy masses of ice.
- Sometimes the clouds heaped up in heavy masses.
- The harbor was completely blocked in by heavy masses of ice.
- Traditional vibration feeders are mainly driven by electromagnet, which has the deficiency such as large volume, heavy mass, complex structure and loud noise.
- It was a heavy mass of building, that chateau of Monsieur the Marquis, with a large stone court-yard before it, and two stone sweeps of staircase meeting in a stone terrace before the principal door.
- A cloud is a mass of vapor in the sky.