- 感激的,感谢的 feeling or showing appreciation for sth good done to one, for sth fortunate that happens, etc.; thankful
feeling or showing gratitude;
"a grateful heart"
"grateful for the tree's shade"
"a thankful smile"
affording comfort or pleasure;
"the grateful warmth of the fire"
- I can't express how grateful I am.
- These refugees are very grateful to the government's succor.
- I am grateful for all your past kindness.
- I'd be grateful if you should let me know as soon as possible.
- The trees afford grateful shade.
- He gave a grateful smile.
- They sent us a grateful letter.
- When Tom gave him the money, the beggar was surprised and seemed grateful.
- I'd be very grateful if you could let me know as soon as possible.
- He was very grateful for all that you did.
- I'm really grateful to you for your help.
- He was grateful to have someone to talk to.
- He was grateful that he had been admitted to Taipei University.
I told him how grateful I was for his counsel and his support.出自： Lyndon B. Johnson
- grateful, appreciative, thankful
- 这三个词均可表示“感激的”。grateful属于一般用语,指因对方的好意而表示“感谢”; thankful主要指因天意、命运或客观因素所带来的好意而怀有感激之情,也可用于因别人帮忙而感激; appreciative比grateful语气更重,用行动或语言来表示感激。
- ☆ 16世纪50年代进入英语，直接源自古典拉丁语的gratus，意为令人高兴的。