- [U]高尔夫球运动 a game in which people hit small hard white balls into holes in the ground with a set of special sticks
a game played on a large open course with 9 or 18 holes; the object is use as few strokes as possible in playing all the holes
- Let's play a round of golf.
- I have a special liking for golf.
- He won the golf match by two shots.
- Now he's getting towards retirement age he's started playing golf.
- He plays golf nearly every weekend.
- I think fishing is more relaxing than playing golf.
- They played a round of golf.
- Many people play golf in the country.