- [C]神 being or spirit that is believed to have power over nature and control over human affairs
- [U]上帝,天主,宇宙的创造者或主宰 the Supreme Being, creator and ruler of the universe
- [C]极受崇敬的人 person greatly admired or adored
- [C]过分注意的事物 thing to which too much attention is given
the supernatural being conceived as the perfect and omnipotent and omniscient originator and ruler of the universe; the object of worship in monotheistic religions
any supernatural being worshipped as controlling some part of the world or some aspect of life or who is the personification of a force
a man of such superior qualities that he seems like a deity to other people;
"he was a god among men"
a material effigy that is worshipped;
"thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image"
"money was his god"
- Poseidon was the Greek god of the sea.
- The Greeks dedicated a shrine to the god.
- He's one of the gods of the fashion world.
- God bless you!
- Christ's message was that God loved the world.
- Oh, my god! I cleared all my data.
- Apollo was the Greek god of the arts, prophecy, medicine and light.
- If they killed the lion, they would be punished by the gods.
- Early Christians smashed the gods of many Roman temples.
- God bless you!
- Jews and Christians worship God.
- We prayed to God, and he answered our prayers.
- They had built a mosque to the glory of God by the end of 1980.
- God helps those who help themselves.
- God sends fortune to fools.
- He that serves God for money will serve the devil for better wages.
- When I was eight years old, my parents were faultless gods.
- He makes a god of his work, and forgets his family.
- We were sitting up in the gods but we could hear every note.
- God almighty〔God〕 in heaven〔good God,(oh) (my) God〕
天哪!(用以表示惊异、恐怖等) used to express surprise, horror, etc.
- God〔Heaven〕 forbid
但愿不发生这样的事 I hope not
- God's gift to
(常作反语)上帝恩赐的人〔事物〕(给大家、企业等)sb/sth that seems specially created to be useful to or enjoyed by a group of people, an industry, etc.
- God〔Heaven〕 help
愿苍天帮助(某人)(表示对某人的安全担心) used when expressing fears for sb's safety
- God knows
的确,确实 certainly, emphatically
- God willing
若能如愿 used to express the wish that one will be able to do as one intends or plans
- in God's name
究竟,到底 used when asking angry or surprised questions
- thank God
(用以表示松心或宽慰)谢天谢地 used to express relief
- to God
(用于动词之后,表示强烈的希望、愿望等)的确；真 used after a verb to express a strong hope, wish, etc.
- ye gods
(用以表示惊讶)我的天哪，好家伙 be used to express surprise
- god willing 天意
By combat to decide whose God is God, Thine or whom I with Israel's Sons adore.出自： Milton
Pietassa habit of respect for gods, ancestors, parents, country.出自： Day Lewis
The gods have set bounds which cannot be overstepped with impunity.出自： D. Cupitt
The Romans dedicated the garlic bulb to Mars, the god of war.出自：Health Shopper
- 习语God forbid常置于句末,如接that从句,则从句用虚拟语气。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的god，意为神。