- [C]神 being or spirit that is believed to have power over nature and control over human affairs
- [U]上帝,天主,宇宙的创造者或主宰 the Supreme Being, creator and ruler of the universe
- [C]极受崇敬的人 person greatly admired or adored
- [C]过分注意的事物 thing to which too much attention is given
- the supernatural being conceived as the perfect and omnipotent and omniscient originator and ruler of the universe; the object of worship in monotheistic religions
- any supernatural being worshipped as controlling some part of the world or some aspect of life or who is the personification of a force
- a man of such superior qualities that he seems like a deity to other people;
"he was a god among men"
- a material effigy that is worshipped;
"thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image"
"money was his god"
- Poseidon was the Greek god of the sea.
- The Greeks dedicated a shrine to the god.
- He's one of the gods of the fashion world.
- God bless you!
- Christ's message was that God loved the world.
Apollo was the Greek god of the arts, prophecy, medicine and light.
If they killed the lion, they would be punished by the gods.
Early Christians smashed the gods of many Roman temples.
God bless you!
Jews and Christians worship God.
We prayed to God, and he answered our prayers.
They had built a mosque to the glory of God by the end of 1980.
God helps those who help themselves.
God sends fortune to fools.
He that serves God for money will serve the devil for better wages.
When I was eight years old, my parents were faultless gods.
He makes a god of his work, and forgets his family.
We were sitting up in the gods but we could hear every note.
- God almighty〔God〕 in heaven〔good God,(oh) (my) God〕
天哪!(用以表示惊异、恐怖等) used to express surprise, horror, etc.
God, what a stupid thing to do! 天哪,多么愚蠢的事啊!
Oh God,I wish this pain would stop! 天啊!但愿疼痛能够止住!
“God in heaven,Mary, what's happened to you!?” “I fell off my bike.” “天啊,玛丽,你发生了什么事?!”“我从自行车上摔下来了。”
- 天哪!(用以表示惊异、恐怖等) used to express surprise, horror, etc.
- God〔Heaven〕 forbid
但愿不发生这样的事 I hope not
God forbid! 苍天不容!
God forbid that anything should happen to my father. 但愿我父亲不会出什么事。
I hope we don't have any trouble with the car.God forbid! 我希望这辆汽车不要出毛病。但愿不致如此!
God forbid that I should ever say nasty things about you! 我决不会说有关你的不三不四的坏话。
It might pour with rain on Cup Final day,God forbid. 锦标赛决赛那天,天可能会下倾盆大雨,但愿上帝不让这样的事情发生。
- 但愿不发生这样的事 I hope not
- God's gift to
(常作反语)上帝恩赐的人〔事物〕(给大家、企业等)sb/sth that seems specially created to be useful to or enjoyed by a group of people, an industry, etc.
He seems to think he's God's gift to women. 似乎他认为自己是上帝赐给女人的宝贝。
Our new boss,God's gift to British industry, has succeeded in making our profits even less than they were before he arrived. 我们这位新来的老板,也就是上帝赐予英国工业界中的宝贝,他的成功之处,就是使我们所得的利润比他未到任之前还要少。
- (常作反语)上帝恩赐的人〔事物〕(给大家、企业等)sb/sth that seems specially created to be useful to or enjoyed by a group of people, an industry, etc.
- God〔Heaven〕 help
愿苍天帮助(某人)(表示对某人的安全担心) used when expressing fears for sb's safety
If that's the way he treats his friends then God help his enemies! 如果他是那样对待自己的朋友,那么愿上帝帮助他的敌人。
- 愿苍天帮助(某人)(表示对某人的安全担心) used when expressing fears for sb's safety
- God knows
天知道,我不知道 I don't know
God knows how the cat got up on the roof. 只有天知道那只猫是怎样爬上房顶的。
的确,确实 certainly, emphatically
She ought to succeed,God knows she tries hard enough. 她应能成功,她的确太努力了。
- 天知道,我不知道 I don't know
- God willing
若能如愿 used to express the wish that one will be able to do as one intends or plans
His plane lands at six thirty,God willing. 如果一切顺利的话,他乘坐的飞机将于6:30降落。
We've had a lovely holiday and will be back again next summer,God willing. 我们已经度过了一个愉快的假期,如果情况允许的话,明年夏天我们会再来。
I'll see you again next Tuesday,God willing. 如果一切顺利,我下星期二再来看你。
- 若能如愿 used to express the wish that one will be able to do as one intends or plans
- in God's name
究竟,到底 used when asking angry or surprised questions
What in God's name was that huge bang? 究竟是什么砰的一声响?
- 究竟,到底 used when asking angry or surprised questions
- thank God
(用以表示松心或宽慰)谢天谢地 used to express relief
Thank God you're safe! 你安然无事,谢天谢地!
- (用以表示松心或宽慰)谢天谢地 used to express relief
- to God
(用于动词之后,表示强烈的希望、愿望等)的确；真 used after a verb to express a strong hope, wish, etc.
I wish to God he'd turn that radio down! 我真希望他能把收音机的音量调低些!
- (用于动词之后,表示强烈的希望、愿望等)的确；真 used after a verb to express a strong hope, wish, etc.
- ye gods
(用以表示惊讶)我的天哪，好家伙 be used to express surprise
Ye gods!You're not going out in those clothes, are you? 我的天哪的!你们没有穿那些衣服外出,是吗?
- (用以表示惊讶)我的天哪，好家伙 be used to express surprise
- god willing 天意
By combat to decide whose God is God, Thine or whom I with Israel's Sons adore.出自：Milton
Pietassa habit of respect for gods, ancestors, parents, country.出自：Day Lewis
The gods have set bounds which cannot be overstepped with impunity.出自：D. Cupitt
The Romans dedicated the garlic bulb to Mars, the god of war.出自：Health Shopper
- 习语God forbid常置于句末,如接that从句,则从句用虚拟语气。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的ogd，意为神。
- god:简介 同 “上帝”初期的《圣经》思想将上帝认为是以色列民族的上帝或是守护神，而以先知以赛亚为代表的后期《圣经》思想认为，上帝平等地对待世人，应该作为全人类的礼拜对象。他的这种观点得到了承认。 到了公元…