- Most of the works on show are landscape and genre paintings in various styles.
- Paget, well-versed in historical and genre paintings, exhibited constantly in salons in Paris from 1841 to 1865.
- As an artistic form of the Public, a special epoch, the genre paintings authentically revealed the current features of the general public lives and become extremely significant historical materials.
- Landscape, genre painting emanated full-bodied agrestic tinge that enhanced the meaning of local culture.
- But after his marriage in 1769, Fragonard devoted much of his time to painting children and family scenes (usually called genre painting).
- Indeed the whole treatment seems radically different from the school of genre painting and from Fragonard's usual style.