- Its logical reasoning cannot be gainsaid.
- In this none of the people gainsaid him.
- His companion, who had also been imbibing freely, was waxing eloquent, and was not to be gainsaid.
- But if her father, immediately as soon as he heard it, gainsaid it, both her vows and her oaths shall be void, neither shall she be bound to what she promised, because her father hath gainsaid it.
- But if forthwith he gainsay it, she shall not be bound by the promise: because her husband gainsaid it, and the Lord will be merciful to her.
- " At that time, he gainsaid my words.