- n. 保险丝；导火线；引线
- vt. 熔化；融合；装导线；装引信于
- vi. 熔化；融合
- Far U/V Spectrum Explorer 远超/甚高频谱段探测卫星（美国科学卫星）
- vt. & vi. 熔化; 融合; 合并 (cause to) melt in great heat; make into one whole
- [U]保险丝,熔丝 short piece of wire that melts and breaks the circuit if the current exceeds a safe level
- [C]导火线; 引信 piece of easily burnt material along which a spark moves to ignite a firework, bomb, etc. so that it explodes
an electrical device that can interrupt the flow of electrical current when it is overloaded
any igniter that is used to initiate the burning of a propellant
mix together different elements;
"The colors blend well"
become plastic or fluid or liquefied from heat;
"The substances fused at a very high temperature"
equip with a fuse; provide with a fuse
make liquid or plastic by heating;
"The storm fused the electric mains"
- The fuse-box is in the kitchen.
- Changing a fuse is one of those fiddly jobs I hate.
- It seems that you've blown a fuse.
- I know how to mend a fuse and I don't need you shoving your oar in!
- A combustible fuse for detonating explosives.
- He lit the fuse and waited for the explosion.
- Mao supervised until the last fuse was done.
- The blue fuse burns deadly between hands and burns clear.
- We fuse copper and tin to make bronze.
- All elements fuse into a seamless organic whole.
- The hyphae can fuse and form a heterocaryotic mycelium.
- The metal will fuse at a relatively low temperature.
- Lead will fuse at quite a low temperature
- We disgreed at first but eventually our ideas fused.
- The wax from the two candles fused as they burned.
- They disagreed at first but eventually their ideas fused.
- The intense heat fused the rocks together.
- A photographer had fused the lights, engulfing the entire house darkness.
- Copper and zinc are fused to make brass.
- This is the right fuse for the refrigerator.
- The bomb had a long fuse that delayed the explosion.
- fuse into (v.+prep.)
与…熔合成,接合成 melt under heat then to link sth
fuse into sth
The burning hearts of the revolutionaries fused into one.
革命者火热的心融合在一起。fuse sth into sth
We can fuse the various ingredients into glass.
The author skillfully fuses these fragments into a cohesive whole.
- fuse with (v.+prep.)
熔合,接合 combine with sth, as by melting under heat
fuse with sth
The end of the wire had become accidentally fused with the switch.
The broken part must fuse with the rest of the bone before you can walk again.
必须等断骨长合以后,你方能走路。fuse sth with sth
The bottom of the candle is fused with its holder.
He felt like someone who had lit a long fuse to a barrel of gun powder.出自： I. Murdoch
Bombs equipped with photo cells, magnetic and proximity fuses, and vibration detectors that would set off the charge if you so much as looked at it.出自：Guardian
As by fierce heat, the chains be fused apart.出自： B. Taylor
The bomb, placed in a cinema and fused to go off during a charity performance.出自： L. Durrell
- ☆ 直接源自拉丁语的fusus，意为熔化。