covered with water;
"the main deck was afloat (or awash)"
"the monsoon left the whole place awash"
"a flooded bathroom"
"an overflowing tub"
- Half the village were flooded out by a burst water main.
- The office was flooded with complaints.
- Japanese cars have flooded the American market.
- The main road was flooded so we had to go round by narrow country lanes.
- The area is flooded, as frequently happens during the typhoon.
- Requests for information flooded in after the advertisement.
- Applicants flooded the office.
- Settlers flooded from Europe to America in the 19th century.