- vt. 向…奉承; 阿谀 praise too much; praise insincerely (in order to please)
- vt. 给以愉快的感觉 give a feeling of pleasure to
- vt. 使显得较其本来面目更漂亮 show (sb) as better than sb is
- praise somewhat dishonestly
- Friends who flatter you to your face are not true friends.
- He flattered her about her cooking.
- It's impossible for you to ask a girl to teach you how to flatter another.
- This photograph flatters you.
- The picture certainly doesn't flatter her.
You flatter me immensely!
He flattered her shamelessly.
She flattered us by coming early and staying late.
The music flattered his ears.
The pink dress flattered her figure.
The type of hair flatters her.
The picture flattered her.
I feel flattered by your kind invitation.
I was flattered beyond measure at this enthusiasm.
I am all the more flattered to be invited to your home.
We were flattered that she came to visit us.
I was flattered that he remembered my name.
- flatter about (v.+prep.)
在某方面恭维 praise too much about (sth) flatter sb about sth
He flattered her about her cooking.他恭维她烹调手艺高超。
- 在某方面恭维 praise too much about (sth) flatter sb about sth
- flatter on (v.+prep.)
在某方面恭维 praise too much about (sth) flatter on sth
The boy flattered on his composition.这个男孩自以为作文写得好。flatter sb on sth
He flattered her on her cooking.他恭维她的烹调技术。
- 在某方面恭维 praise too much about (sth) flatter on sth
- flatter oneself (v.+pron.)
自以为是,自鸣得意 have a high opinion of oneself; have the pleasant thought, perhaps mistaken opinion flatter oneself
Don't flatter yourself, you could be wrong next time.不要自以为了不起,下一次你就可能出错。
The chairman flatters himself on his judgment of people.主席自认为他审视人比别人高明。flatter oneself that-clause
I flatter myself that my judgment is usually correct.我自认为我的判断一般是正确的。
The government is flattering itself that it can win the next election.本届政府自以为能在下次选举中获胜。
We flatter ourselves that we provide the best service in town.我们相信我们提供的服务在本市最好。
They flattered themselves that they would win.他们自信一定会赢。
He flattered himself that he spoke French with a perfect accent.他自以为法语说得很标准。
- 自以为是,自鸣得意 have a high opinion of oneself; have the pleasant thought, perhaps mistaken opinion flatter oneself
- flatter with (v.+prep.)
以…讨好 ingratiate oneself with flatter sb with sth
He flattered her with flowers and expensive gifts.他用鲜花和昂贵的礼物讨好她。
He flattered himself with the hope of recovering his pen.他以希望找回钢笔聊以自慰。
You flatter me with your concern for my health.你关心我的健康,我感到很高兴。
- 以…讨好 ingratiate oneself with flatter sb with sth
- flatter greatly 不胜荣幸
- flatter highly 非常荣幸
- flatter hugely 漂亮很多
- flatter immensely 过于恭维
- flatter merely 仅仅恭维
- flatter obviously 明显地奉承
- flatter shamelessly 无耻地奉承
I mock my name, great king, to flatter thee.出自：Richard II,Shakespeare
她很高兴受到他们的邀请。She was flattered by their invitation.She was flattered to be invited by them.She was flattered that they had invited her.
- butter up过分恭维
- flatter:flatter vt. 过分夸赞, 奉承, 阿谀, 使高兴, 使满意, (画, 肖像上的形象)胜过(真人或实物) 英英解释:动词flatter:1. praise somewhat dishonest…