- [C]拳,拳头 the hand with the fingers closed in tightly
a hand with the fingers clenched in the palm (as for hitting)
- He shook his fist at me.
- I clenched my fist and hit him.
- He was banging on the door with his fist.
- He banged his fist on the table to emphasize his argument.
- He knocked him down with one blow of his fist.
- You cannot shake hands with a clenched fist.
- Frank clenched his fist and broke out in excitement.
- He struck the table with his fist.
- As a result, one fist remained idle while the other was tired out with fighting, and we failed to win the greatest victory possible at the time.
- He shook his fists angrily.
- I clenched my fists to try and stop the pain.
- Relph clenched his fists.
- Daff raises his fist.
- She screamed and hit me with her fist.
- They fought with naked fist.
- John held it tightly in his fist.
- He writes a good fist.
- I know his fist.
- get one's fist on
抓住某事物 clutch sth
- make a good fist at〔of〕
善于 rare to make a successful attempt at
make a good fist at〔of〕 v-ing
He reckoned he should make a better fist at farming than educating.
- make a poor fist at〔of〕
不善于 make an unsuccessful attempt at
make a poor fist at〔of〕 v-ing
He made a poor fist at hearing anything.
- clench one's fist 握紧拳头
- make a fist (把手指)捏成拳头
- raise one's fist 举起拳头
- shake one's fist 挥动拳头
- soak fists in salt water 把拳头浸在盐水中
- iron fist 铁拳,严厉的政策
The blind man clung close to me, holding me in one iron fist.出自： R. L. Stevenson
He was sure Shillitoe would swing his right fist and tensed, ready to block the blow.出自： E. Baker
The latter unobserved by the referee fisted the ball into the net.出自：Daily Chronicle
He danced, fisted the air a bit, then gave an ejaculatory laugh.出自： W. Golding