名词 figure eight:
a knot having the shape of the numeral 8; tied in a rope that has been passed through a hole or pulley and that prevents the rope from coming loose
a skating figure that carves an 8 in the ice
- Another says that it is a variant of a figure eight that appeared on the Spanish Peso, standing for the pieces of eight.
- One simple use for this is to display the Sun's "analemma" - the "figure eight" shape traced out by the Sun at noon over the course of a year.
- This knot, from the figure eight family, is used mainly as a stop knot to prevent a free end of rope from running through a pulley or a block.
- If we graph ??in spherical polar coordinates we get surfaces with the familiar figure eight cross section; again, these are graphs and not orbital shapes.
- If we graph ??in spherical polar coordinates we get surfaces with the familiar figure eight cross section ; again, these are graphs and not orbital shapes.
- After fifteen minutes of figure eights, i rode home.
- figure eight 8字形的