creating the illusion of seeing reality;
"the visual deception of trompe-l'oeil art"
- Do my eyes deceive me, or is that really an elephant pulling a carriage?
- Do my eyes deceive me, or are those real orchids you have growing in that pot?
- Do my eyes deceive me,or are those real orchids you have growing in that pot?
- Unless my eyes deceive me, that's the woman he introduced as his wife.
- Said one: 'The prince's back is no longer crooked or my eyes deceive me.
- His book was an eye opener to complacent young men.