a hole (in a door or an oven etc) through which you can peep
a small hole (usually round and finished around the edges) in cloth or leather for the passage of a cord or hook or bar
- Fit a chain and an eye hole to scrutinize callers
- His strength in a crisis is an ace in the hole.
- With superfine infiltration formula, it can accelerate blood circulation and metabolism, make skin come back tightening, lightening dark eye holes and bags, and leaving eye skin tender and smooth.
- He chiseled a hole in the door to fit a new lock.
- The bird picked a hole in the ice with its beak.
- The child has picked a hole in his new jumper.