- 灭绝的,绝种的 (of a kind of animal) no longer existing
- 消逝的,破灭的 dead
no longer in existence; lost or especially having died out leaving no living representatives;
"an extinct species of fish"
"an extinct royal family"
"extinct laws and customs"
(of e.g. volcanos) permanently inactive;
"an extinct volcano"
being out or having grown cold;
"threw his extinct cigarette into the stream"
"the fire is out"
- This is an extinct species of fish.
- This species will be extinct in a few decades.
- An extinct volcano can no longer erupt.
- My hope of getting some employment was extinct.
- Is there anything could rekindle his extinct passion?
- That was a fashion long extinct.
- Dinosaurs have been extinct for millions of years.
- Nowadays the belief in magic is almost extinct.
- All hopes were extinct.
It tooke fire..but was quickly extinct.出自： R. Byfield
He would sit..brooding.., a cigar extinct between his lips.出自： J. Galsworthy