- [C](人、车等有目的的)远征; 探险; 考察; 远征队; 探险队 organized journey or voyage with a particular aim
- [U]迅速,动作敏捷 speed; promptness
a military campaign designed to achieve a specific objective in a foreign country
an organized group of people undertaking a journey for a particular purpose;
"an expedition was sent to explore Mars"
a journey organized for a particular purpose
a journey taken for pleasure;
"many summer excursions to the shore"
"it was merely a pleasure trip"
"after cautious sashays into the field"
the property of being prompt and efficient;
"it was done with dispatch"
- They equipped themselves for the expedition.
- They planned to organize a scientific expedition.
- He is the commander of the expedition.
- The expedition suffered all the rigors of a Canadian winter.
- The mail is conveyed with expedition.
- We strived to work with great expedition.
- They made an expedition to the African coast.
- The scientists will go on an expedition to the South Pole.
- We were sent on an expedition to Tibet.
- He took part in an expedition to the North Pole.
- They carried out the captain's orders with all possible expedition.
- dispatch〔send〕 an expedition 派遣一支探险队
- form〔organize〕 an expedition 组成〔组织〕一支考察队
- go on〔make〕 an expedition to 去…探险
- lead an expedition 率领一支探险队
- use expedition 从速行动,赶快办理
- dangerous expedition 危险的远征
- scientific expedition 科学考察(团)
- Antarctic〔Arctic〕 expedition 南〔北〕极探险队
- the Eight-Power Allied expedition 八国联军
- expedition to 去…考察,去…远征
He conquered not in that expedition.出自： R. Hakluyt